This website is the central information source for Codeaway. You’ll also find information about other events of interest to the Utah geek community here.
What is CodeAway?
CodeAway is a monthly gathering in the Salt Lake City, Utah area for Entrepreneurs, Web developers, IT people, Bloggers, Designers, and anyone who feels comfortable in “a room full of geeks”. Each monthly CodeAway lasts four hours, and you can come and go as you please. Food and drinks are available for purchase. There is also Wifi and lots of power strips, so bring your laptop! For those less serious about work, video games are also provided.
What do people do at CodeAway?
- Some people come to CodeAway to get some work done—for those who work at home or have a side project to work on, being surrounded by fellow geeks and away from the distractions of home or the office can make it easier to work.
- Some people come to get questions answered—if you’re a beginner to blogging, web development, or another technical area, or if you’re stumped by a current challenge, often someone at CodeAway will have the answer.
- Some people come to network, meet people in similar fields, or brainstorm ideas with like-minded people.
- Some people come to relax and unwind with a video game.
- Most of all, everyone comes to socialize, although you’re free to talk as much or as little as you please.
Who can attend Codeaway?
Anyone can attend, although we ask you to be respectful of our community. Children, spouses, and other non-geeks can attend as long as they don’t disrupt the gathering.
When and Where is Codeaway held?
Codeaway is generally held on one Saturday each month, from 1:00PM to 5:00PM. See this weblog for announcements of the next Codeaway’s date and location.
How Much does Codeaway Cost?
Thanks to our sponsors, Codeaway attendance is free of charge. If you want food or beverages, you will need to pay for those.